Wednesday, May 19, 2010

...Chipped Tooth

Sometime yesterday between snacking on a delicious cupcake and happy hour with coworkers, I chipped my bottom tooth. And swallowed the itty bitty fragment. It’s weird to have a portion of your tooth permanently gone. I like to think of it in Tooth Fairy Land, and not working its way through my intestines. Tooth Fairy Land is a much happier place.

My insecurities about my chipped tooth definitely came into play today at work. I smiled less, and when I did smile or laugh, I used my hand to cover my mouth. Very coquettish of me, I know.

I can't get into the dentist until next week which is a bummer. I should have learned from dental mishaps of my past. Remember the ol' emergency root canal? Oh (laugh), gosh (laugh), that was a blast! My chipmunk cheek, the gnawing pain, talk about a riotHa-lar-i-ous!!!

I should have been keeping up with my regular dental visits. But truth be told, I haven't been to the dentist in two years! Boy time sure flies when you're trying to avoid the dentist. As a result, my bottom teeth have been slowly thinning at the tops, compounded by the fact that I'm not only a grinder, but also a clencher in my sleep. So each and every night, my teeth die just a little bit more.

Cheers to dental health!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, BUT I laughed pretty hard reading this. I especially love the pic - Nick looks so good in that pic! (ha!)

    ReplyDelete