Tuesday, May 4, 2010

...Book Nerd

Kathryn Stockett's presentation tonight at Barnes & Noble was amazing! She was cute as a button, charming, and adorably funny. She spoke to a crowd of maybe 200+ about her book The Help, and then answered a few audience questions and signed copies. I arrived early so that I could grab a seat, and I'm glad I did because most people had to stand. While I waited for the discussion to begin, I finished chapter one of Dead in the Family. (Am still so excited the book is finally here!)

At the end of her discussion, Stockett briefly spoke about her book being made into a movie. Filming will start this summer and Steven Spielberg will be directing it. And though not confirmed, it's rumored that Sissy Spacek may play the role of Mrs. Walters, who will have a larger role in the movie than she did in the book. So fun to have the inside scoop!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment