Wednesday, April 28, 2010

...Pizza Referee

Whoever coined the expression “fighting likes cats and dogs” certainly doesn’t know my cats and dogs.

I have two cats (Toby and Gizmo) and two dogs (Scout and Kona) and they all get along great! They get along great NOW that is…because we weren’t always a happy family. It’s taken a few years to reach a balanced energy level in our household.

I often catch the “kids” playing together, snuggling together, and last night, even sharing together.

The always rascally Toby and the up-for-any-and-all-new-adventures-and-isn’t-life-so-exciting-and-fun-and-did-you-say-treat Scout & Kona are true team players.

I caught Toby on top of our kitchen counter, pawing at a freshly baked pizza. Much like playing with a tinsel ball or catnip mouse, Toby was using his paws to push pizza slices onto the floor where two big, open mouths were eagerly waiting to gobble up the gooey, cheesy goodness.

They tag teamed the ingestion of three slices before I busted up the fun!

I was too impressed with their teamwork to get mad at them. I mean Toby could have easily nibbled away at the pizza by himself as he perched on the countertop. But no, he wanted to share the love that we call pizza with his brothers. How generous. I’m so proud.

Note to self: Don’t leave any more food on the countertop.

2 comments:

  1. This is the funniest story I have heard all week. I can totally see Toby doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean...when you bake a pizza...there's leftovers? Odd...Toby, Scout & Kona are lucky to be living at your house and not ours...no share-sies on pizza here!

    ReplyDelete